The ACCEL Student Pitch Competition is open to current Centennial College students. There will be prizes awarded over three categories: (1) best overall pitch, (2) best business pitch, and (3) best social venture pitch
Round 1: Video Submissions close by Nov 3rd 2019, 11:59pm
Round 2: In Person Pitch Competition on Nov 21st 2019, 4:30pm
Best Overall Pitch:
Best Business Pitch:
Winner: $1000, Runner-up: $500
Pitch your business idea or pitch your existing business. Business ideas can originate from every campus across all disciplines, from arts and sciences to technology and trades – and everything in between.
Social Venture Pitch:
Winner: $1000, Runner-up: $500
(Social entrepreneurship is the use of start-up companies and other entrepreneurs to develop, fund and implement solutions to social, cultural, or environmental issues)
Pitch your social venture idea or pitch your existing social venture. Social ventures can address issues impacting everything from local communities to global concerns.
Clearly state the problem you are planning to solve. Who is your solution for? Be as narrow and focused as possible here. How do you know it is a problem? (from inquiring for example)
State the solution to your identified problem. Why is it better than other currently available solutions?
Round 1 of 2 – Simple Video Submission
- Create an entry no longer than 2 minutes in length (over 2 minutes will not be considered).
- Do not put effort into creating a slick video. Record yourself or your team on your cell phone (just make sure that the audio quality is good). We are looking for content over production quality. Your videos can be uploaded through YouTube for submission to email@example.com
- Links to existing product video on your website do not qualify, it must be a business pitch
- Keep your video simple. No need for slides, images, charts (just single shot)
- Instructions for submission to ACCEL is below.
Focus your effort on the following:
- All video entries will be judged by a review panel
- Top applications will be invited to present in Round 2 (Live Pitch Competition)
- Successful applicants will be required to attend ACCEL pitch training events to improve their skills for the subsequent Live Pitch Competition
- The decision of the review panel is final
- Video submissions close Friday, November 3, 2019 at 11:59pm
- If a company withdraws prior to the Live Pitch Competition, ACCEL reserves the right to invite another applicant from the runner-up list
Video entries will be submitted via YouTube; please record yourself or your team on your cell phone (just make sure that the audio quality is good) and read carefully the instructions below.
Go to youtube.com
- Sign into YouTube/open YouTube app.
- Click the Upload button.
- Select the video file you wish to upload.
- Click Open.
- Enter a title and description. Indicate whether this is a business or social venture pitch.
- Adjust additional settings. Mark video as ‘unlisted’.
- Click Save Changes.
- Email the YouTube link to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in the subject line of your email – ACCEL Student Pitch Competition Submission + your NAME.
- You will receive a confirmation email.
At ACCEL we believe that innovation and entrepreneurship are within everyone’s reach. If you have ideas, products or services, or if you are looking to get a new business off the ground and do not know where to start, ACCEL can help! ACCEL is about reducing barriers and providing opportunities.