At ACCEL we believe that innovation and entrepreneurship are within everyone’s reach. If you have ideas, products or services, or if you are looking to get a new business off the ground and do not know where to start, ACCEL can help! ACCEL is about reducing barriers and providing opportunities.
The ACCEL student pitch competition is is open to current, Centennial College students and teams of students. The ACCEL pitch competition will award $3000 in prize money across two pitch categories, the business pitch and the social venture pitch.
Round 1: Video Submissions close Nov 11th 2018, 11:59pm
Round 2: In Person Pitch Competition Nov 27th, 3:30pm – 6:30pm
BUSINESS PITCH: Winner will receive $1500
Pitch your business idea or pitch your existing business. Business ideas can originate from every campus across all disciplines, from arts and sciences to technology and trades – and everything in between.
SOCIAL VENTURE PITCH: Winner will receive $1500
(Social entrepreneurship is the use of start-up companies and other entrepreneurs to develop, fund and implement solutions to social, cultural, or environmental issues)
Pitch your social venture idea or pitch your existing social venture. Social ventures can address issues impacting everything from local communities to global concerns.
Clearly state the problem you are planning to solve.
Who is your solution for? Be as narrow and focused as possible here.
How do you know it is a problem? (from inquiring for example)
State the solution to your identified problem.
Why is it better than other current available solutions?
Round 1 of 2 – Simple Video Submission
- Create an entry no longer than 2 minutes in length (over 2 minutes will not be considered).
- Do not put effort into creating a slick video. Record yourself or your team on your cell phone (just make sure that the audio quality is good). We are looking for content over production quality. Your videos can be uploaded through YouTube for submission to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Links to existing product video on your website do not qualify, it must be a business pitch
- Keep your video simple. No need for slides, images, charts (just single shot)
- Instructions for submission to ACCEL is below.
Focus your effort on the following:
- All video entries will be judged by a review panel
- Top applications will be invited to present in Round 2 (Live Pitch Competition)
- Successful applicants will be required to attend ACCEL pitch training events to improve their skills for the subsequent Live Pitch Competition
- The decision of the review panel is final
- Video submissions close Sunday, November 11th , 2018 at 11:59pm
- If a company withdraws prior to the Live Pitch Competition, ACCEL reserves the right to invite another applicant from the runner-up list
Video entries will be submitted via YouTube; please record yourself or your team on your cell phone (just make sure that the audio quality is good) and read carefully the instructions below.
Go to youtube.com
- Sign into YouTube/open YouTube app.
- Click the Upload button.
- Select the video file you wish to upload.
- Click Open.
- Enter a title and description. Indicate whether this is a business or social venture pitch.
- Adjust additional settings. Mark video as ‘unlisted’.
- Click Save Changes.
- Email the YouTube link to email@example.com. Please include in the subject line of your email – ACCEL Student Pitch Competition Submission + your NAME.
- You will receive a confirmation email.